Source of omega-3, fiber, trace elements. This cake is a good way to eat vegetables unnoticed. The zucchini allows you to reduce the fat in the recipe while retaining the softness.
Get to your stove!
Ingredients (for 5 or 6 people) :
- 220 g of einkorn flour
- 60 g muscovado or rapadura sugar
- 60 g of molasses or maple syrup
- 125 g of nuts
- 2 tbsp. to s. poppy seeds (optional)
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 small grated zucchini
- 6 tbsp. to s. vegetable oil such as rapeseed
- 1 lemon
Preheat the oven to 180°C (th. 6) then butter and flour a cake tin.
Mix the flour, sugar, molasses or maple syrup, nuts, poppy seeds and baking powder in a salad bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the grated zucchini, oil, lemon zest and juice.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into the first salad bowl and mix, then pour into the cake mold and bake for 20 to 25 minutes (the tip of the knife should come out dry), leave to cool before unmolding.
Zucchini is an extremely interesting food for the proper functioning of the body, to the extent that it is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals while remaining low in calories, because it is made up of 95% water. Available on our stalls all year round, zucchini remains a summer vegetable.