Lemongrass, or Indian verbena, is a plant native to Southeast Asia that gives a delicious flavor to dishes from this region. It facilitates digestion and is known for its antispasmodic, calming and anxiolytic properties . In essential oil form, lemongrass is an excellent mosquito and anti-fungal repellent, effective in fighting mycoses.
Ingredients (serves 4 to 6 people)
- 1 shallot
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 2 cm piece of ginger
- 1 2 cm piece of lemongrass
- Juice of one lime
- 4 tablespoons tamari (fermented soy sauce)
- 60 ml of fish sauce, or nuoc-mâm
- 1 C. tablespoon of fresh coriander
- 1 chicken of around 2 kg
- Blend the first 9 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Place the chicken in a large platter and pour the marinade over it, making sure the chicken has been evenly covered. Cover with a silicone lid (or other). Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 150°C. Roast the chicken for 3 hours, turning halfway through cooking. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting it.
- Serve the chicken with a small Asian salad (cucumber, soy, sesame for example) and basmati rice, for its moderate glycerin index!