In addition to being filling and low in calories, kale is very rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant that plays many important roles in the body. In fact, just one cup of kale contains more vitamin C than an orange. Additionally, it contains many minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium, of which most people do not get sufficient amounts.
Here is the recipe for a detoxifying gazpacho, rich in energy and which will help boost your immunity :
- About 150 g of kale
- 2 apples
- 1 lemon
- 1 piece of 1 or 2 cm of ginger
- 150 ml of organic apple juice (no added sugar)
- 2 tbsp. to s. organic olive oil (first cold pressed)
- 1 C. to s. cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- Thoroughly wash the kale leaves, then remove the central ribs and roughly chop the leaves.
- Grate the ginger.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Remove the core from the apples then cut them into small pieces.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until you obtain a fine texture.
- Enjoy quickly or keep refrigerated.
As a side dish or snack, you can make kale chips: drizzle with olive oil, add a little salt, then put them in the oven until they are dry. Healthy fun guaranteed!