Here is a recipe rich in flavors and benefits. Ginger is widely known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and its ability to stimulate digestion . Shiro miso is a paste made from fermented rice and soy, rich in natural probiotics and widely used in traditional Japanese cuisine for its therapeutic properties.
Their combination will give a little originality to the traditional roast chicken recipe and, combined with sake, will ensure an explosion of flavors in your mouth ;)
Ingredients (4 people):
- 60 ml of sake
- 1 3-inch piece ginger, grated
- 30g of shiro miso
- 60ml olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 chicken of 2kg
- 2 bunches of spring onions, chopped
- 4 carrots in pieces
- Sea salt
- Coriander leaves
- Sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the sake, ginger, miso, olive oil and butter.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and pour the marinade over it, making sure the chicken has been evenly covered. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 150°C. Add the spring onions, carrots and a pinch of salt to the chicken.
- Roast for 3 hours, turning halfway through cooking. Let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with coriander and sesame seeds.