Salmon is rich in omega -3 fatty acids, which are excellent for eye health , heart disease, and reducing inflammation in the body . It is also an excellent source of potassium, necessary to control blood pressure and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Finally, it contains valuable antioxidants that protect the nervous system and the brain against inflammation. A mine of nutrients!
To help you integrate it into your diet while enjoying yourself, here is a tasty, original and quick recipe for salmon with citrus fruits:
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets (wild if possible)
- 1 orange juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of honey
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of tamari
- 1 C. teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon of cassava flour (or tapicoa, or arrowroot)
- 1 C. teaspoon of water
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel, add salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
- While the salmon cooks, prepare a paste of cassava flour by stirring together the powder and mixing it with the water. Reserve.
- Once the salmon is cooked, reserve it on a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and sauté the chopped garlic in the pan for 30 seconds. Add the orange juice, honey, tamari, thyme and cassava flour paste. Stir the ingredients for 1 to 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Return the salmon to the pan and spoon the glaze over the salmon before serving.