Cauliflower is a vegetable from the cruciferous family, just like cabbage, broccoli or kale. Cruciferous vegetables are extremely rich in highly assimilable calcium : one serving provides as much as a glass of milk! They are also an excellent source of vitamin K, potassium and magnesium.
Butternut is an excellent source of beta-carotene or provitamin A as well as antioxidant vitamins C and E. It also provides lycopene, the same antioxidant pigment as tomatoes, and several B vitamins (B2 and B6 and folic acid). Among its minerals are potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and zinc .
Here is the ideal recipe to help you take care of your joints, your immunity and your skin :
Ingredients (4 - 5 people):
- 1 cup grated butternut
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 C. tablespoon of turmeric
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp. tablespoon of chickpea flour
- 1 C. tablespoon of cumin
- Using a food processor or grater, grate the cauliflower, zucchini and butternut
- Slice the onion and garlic.
- Place the garlic, onion, zucchini, butternut and turmeric in a pan and cook them in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, mix the cauliflower rice, eggs and cooked vegetable mixture
- Add the parsley and chickpea flour/
- Form small steaks with your hands and place them on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 25 minutes at 180°C until golden brown.
You can serve them with a big salad and a homemade yogurt and lemon sauce ;)