Rich in starch, chestnuts are an excellent carbohydrate with a low glycemic index, rich in B vitamins and fermentable fibers which contribute to the good health of our microbiota. Here is an original, creamy and satisfying recipe, excellent for warming up your winter evenings:
- 2 shallots
- 1kg of blanched chestnuts
- 1 potato
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of coconut cream
- 2 knobs of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Nuts oil
- In a saucepan, slowly cook the chopped shallots in half the butter. Then add the chestnuts, the potato, the bouquet garni and cover everything with water or homemade broth.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes, until the chestnuts crush easily. Drain them, throw away the bouquet. Mix the cooked chestnuts and the potato very finely with a little cooking juice until you obtain the desired texture.
- Add the cream and butter, mix. Decorate with a drizzle of hazelnut oil and some fresh herbs.