Roasted sweet potato, carrot, quinoa and feta salad
Discover a delicious salad that delicately combines the flavors and nutrients of sweet potatoes. Roasted sweet potatoes, crunchy carrots, nourishing quinoa and creamy feta come together to create a taste explosion in every bite. Ideal for summer days, its richness in nutrients also helps maintain radiant skin throughout this sun-rich period.
Whether you enjoy it as a main dish or as a side dish, this salad embodies the balance between taste satisfaction and physical well-being, and we loved it :)
The benefits of our favorite foods
Sweet potato :
- Nutritious richness: Rich in vitamins (A, C), minerals (potassium, manganese) and beta-carotene, sweet potatoes offer benefits for the skin and the immune system.
- Antioxidants: The carotenoids and anthocyanins contained in sweet potato help reduce free radicals and prevent premature aging of the skin. Discover the guide to foods rich in antioxidants to be well protected all summer long.
- Digestive fiber: The high fiber content promotes healthy digestion, regulates transit and maintains stable blood sugar levels.
- Protein source: Quinoa provides all the amino acids essential for the body to function, while being an ideal protein option for vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Antioxidants: By containing antioxidants such as quercetin and kaempferol, quinoa protects against chronic diseases and aging.
- Nutrients and fiber: Rich in vitamins (B), minerals (magnesium, iron) and fiber, quinoa supports healthy digestion and intestinal regulation.
- Powerful Antioxidants: Arugula contains antioxidants like vitamin C and beta-carotene, reducing the risk of disease and protecting against cell damage.
- Bone and Circulation Health: With a high vitamin K content, arugula supports blood clotting and bone health.
- Hair stimulation: The aerial parts of arugula stimulate hair bulbs, promoting hair regrowth and rebalancing the oily scalp.
By incorporating these ingredients into your diet, you enjoy a host of health benefits, from beautiful skin to hair growth, while enjoying a delicious blend of flavors.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (around 750g)
- 1/2 cups quinoa
- 60g of arugula
- 2 grated carrots
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 150 g of feta
- 3 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 C. tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 C. tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 C. teaspoon chia seeds
- Lemon juice (about 3.5 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 C. teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 C. tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp. tablespoon of maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into quarters.
- Arrange the wedges on a baking tray, add oil, salt and pepper, then roast for 20-25 minutes until tender. Remove from oven.
- Rinse the quinoa, then cook it in a saucepan with 1 cup of boiling salted water until the water is completely absorbed. Let cool.
- Rinse the arugula leaves and place them in a large bowl or dish.
- Add the grated carrot, chopped red onion and crumbled feta to the rocket.
- Once cooled, add the cooked quinoa and sweet potato wedges to the salad.
- Gently toast pine nuts and pumpkin seeds in a dry pan, then add sesame and chia seeds and toast for a few seconds more. Spread the mixture over the salad.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the ingredients in a jar and shaking vigorously, or whisking in a bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently.
There you have it, a healthy and tasty salad ready to delight your taste buds!