What are toxins in the body?
Detox is a function carried out continuously by the emunctories, or elimination organs, of our body . These organs include the liver and gallbladder, kidneys, lungs, colon, and skin. And although they are extremely well designed and efficient, there are a few simple things we can do every day to boost their effectiveness . The elimination of many toxins from our body begins above all with food and what we give to our body. We therefore recommend starting the day by drinking a little detox lemon juice to stimulate the liver. We must then favor certain foods (preferably seasonal) such as artichokes (found in our detox gummies), beetroot, broccoli, black radish but also watercress salad, and we of course limit all stimulants. like alcohol, tobacco, etc., water and herbal herbal teas are favored instead. Discover 4 other tips to apply!
How to eliminate toxins from our body?
Dry brushing is a solution that has many benefits and allows you to gently stimulate the skin , free the pores and stimulate the underlying circulatory and lymphatic systems, which are those which carry toxins for their elimination. In the program :
- Use a natural bristle brush.
- Using a circular motion, gently brush the entire surface of your body , except your face . Start with the soles of your feet, always moving towards the liver, and finish with the palms of your hands. Pay special attention to your inner thighs, neck and armpits.
- Brush for about 1 minute, ideally in the evening or before showering.
In Ayurvedic medicine, oil pulling (or gandouch ) is a mouthwash with vegetable oil, traditionally practiced every morning, upon rising, to eliminate secretions from the digestive system and the production of detoxified impurities during the night. This practice is incredibly therapeutic and known for its many benefits, since the mouth, it is said, is a reflection of our overall health . In practice :
- When you get up, put a tablespoon of the oil of your choice (preferably sesame or coconut) in your mouth.
- Rinse your mouth with the oil for 15-20 minutes, using force on all teeth and areas of your gums (really aim to get the oil into all the nooks and crannies of your mouth. This is very important Billions of microorganisms live in the oral cavity and the mouth is the gateway to the digestive system).
- Spit the oil into a trash can, to avoid clogging your sink ;)
Alternating exposure to hot and cold
Tissues can become inflamed when toxins accumulate in certain parts of the body , causing various disorders and unpleasant symptoms. Stimulation of the lymphatic system through alternating exposure to hot and cold and acts as a sort of pump, helps reduce the accumulation of toxins in the body and alleviate inflammation. The waste is then transported through the lymphatic system to the organs of elimination more efficiently.
Saunas help put our body in “rest mode” or parasympathetic, which is the state necessary for the activation of all detoxification organs. Furthermore, it stimulates perspiration which itself encourages the body to eliminate chemicals from care and household products, heavy metals, drug residues, food pesticides, etc.
By breathing deeply we absorb more oxygen which cleanses the body , and by exhaling deeply we eliminate more waste; These two actions therefore have a powerful detoxification effect on our body . Furthermore, deep breathing causes the diaphragm to expand, which in turn massages your lymphatic system and stimulates the elimination of toxins. In practice :
- Take a few minutes a day to focus on inhaling and exhaling.
- Inhale deeply until you feel your belly full of air, hold your breath for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Exhale slowly until all the air is expelled.