The majority of women and some men experience the nightmare of cellulite.
Cellulite, dimples or even “orange peel” are the result of a change in the structure of adipose tissues (fat reserves) located under the epidermis. It gives the skin a bumpy appearance, considered unsightly, especially present on the back of the thighs and on the buttocks. However, cellulite is a natural phenomenon which results from several factors.
Why are women more affected by cellulite?
Cellulite mainly affects 85% to 98% of women , or 9 times more than men. For what ? The constitution of the skin and the hormonal system are different in men and women.
A woman's fat cells are arranged vertically under the skin. Conversely, those of humans are arranged horizontally under the skin. Thus, when the fat develops, it arrives vertically at the level of the skin and “penetrates” the epidermis becoming visible.
Furthermore, men secrete more testosterone, a hormone that stimulates protein production, increases the thickness of the skin and camouflages their small cellulite more easily. This is why less than 10% of men are affected by cellulite.
Women produce more estrogen, this hormone is stored in fatty tissues. Thus, in the case of hyper-estrogenism, that is to say an overproduction of estrogen, the fat becomes more important and cellulite appears more.
Also during menopause, estrogen production by the ovaries falls but the malignant body makes reserves; the woman gains weight thus increasing the risk of developing cellulite.
Cellulite therefore constitutes to a certain extent a completely normal physiological phenomenon.
Being a woman is not the only reason to have cellulite!
Besides estrogen, other hormones such as catecholamines, adrenaline and norepinephrine, thyroid hormones, and prolactin have also been listed as playing a role in the development of cellulite.
Excessive consumption of fat and carbohydrates causing hyper insulinemia (an excess of insulin, a hormone regulating blood sugar levels) and lipogenesis (production of fatty substances in the body) creates a favorable environment for the formation of cellulite.
Inflammation causes a change in the structure of adipose tissue, but also edema and therefore water retention. This water creates pressure on the adipocytes which crush against the wall of the skin and create cellulite . Processed food, excess estrogen , stress, smoking promote inflammation (and many other phenomena).
Poor venous return reduces the ability to eliminate waste and promotes inflammation. Nicotine , lack of physical activity and excess estrogen promote this phenomenon.
Too much salt, excess energy intake , sedentary lifestyle , excess alcohol , hormones included in the pill , heredity , excess weight which promotes the presence of adipocytes and estrogens, pregnancy …so many reasons to have cellulite.
Solutions to stop cellulite naturally
By moving you strengthen your muscles which support the skin and the fat mass decreases: jumping rope, walking and even trampolining are interesting.
Eat a healthy diet
- Lots of cooked or raw vegetables at every meal. Aim for half the plate.
- Good proteins at least once a day: wild fish, organic meats, organic eggs, free-range chickens. Aim for ¼ of the plate.
- Emphasis on cruciferous vegetables which help eliminate excess estrogen: broccoli, cabbage, radish sprouts, broccoli sprouts.
- Sprinkle your vegetables, salads, yogurts, soups, juices and even smoothies with organic, freshly ground golden flax seeds. Rich in fiber, they participate in the detoxification of estrogens.
- Boost foods rich in vitamin C that take care of the skin: peppers, for example, are richer in vitamin C than kiwis or even oranges.
- Limit sugars, desserts and alcohol.
Cortisol, the stress hormone, influences our overall health and contributes to hormonal imbalance. Meditation, breathing, yoga, cardiac coherence, allow yourself a moment to breathe every day.
You can brush yourself!
Dry brushing is excellent for fighting cellulite. It activates blood and lymphatic circulation. Start by brushing then massage yourself with a vegetable oil infused with essential oils.
- 20 drops of peppermint essential oil ( Mentha Piperta )
- 10 drops HE of Lemon Eucalyptus ( Eucalyptus Citriodora )
- 10 drops HE of immortelle ( Helicrysum Italicum ssp Serotinium )
- 40 drops of chili rosehip EO ( Rosa Rubiginosa )
- 20 drops of apricot kernel vegetable oil ( Prunus Armeniaca )
- Apply a few drops of the mixture to cover the area to be treated and massage until completely absorbed, morning and evening.
Support the liver
The liver is responsible for eliminating estrogen. In case of overload, it no longer does its job well.
To help him on a daily basis, here are two tips:
- The hot water bottle 20 to 30 minutes in the evening before going to bed and placed in its location (under the right breast)
- Rosemary herbal tea
To go further, ask a naturopath for advice to help you with a personalized detoxification treatment.
In conclusion, there is no magic recipe to permanently eliminate cellulite. It is natural and inevitable. However, good lifestyle habits will help you reduce it.
Let's not forget that we are all beautiful and beautiful and that our body is just an envelope. However, it requires care.