The immune system is responsible for protecting our body against the various agents that the body identifies as potential aggressors, whether viruses, bacteria, allergens, toxins, malignant cells, etc.
In this somewhat unusual pandemic period, it is therefore interesting to look at the factors that stimulate our immunity and facilitate the healing process. Nutrition is one of them. So here are some tips:
How to increase your immunity naturally?
What foods strengthen the immune system?
To limit infections, have energy and strengthen your immune system, include immuno-stimulating foods in your diet:
Vitamin A: it stimulates the proliferation of white blood cells and the production of antibodies by lymphocytes. It is also essential to the barrier function of the intestinal mucosa. Concretely ? Regularly consume cod liver oil, oysters, quality animal liver, egg yolks, raw butter, or non-industrial dairy products (cheese for example). On the plant side, carrots, pumpkins and spinach contain beta-carotene. Namely that beta-carotene is a precursor of vitamin A, which your body will transform to obtain all the benefits.
Vitamin C: Vitamin C has many virtues, it is a powerful antioxidant which helps fight free radicals, limit the oxidation of immune cells but also stimulate their mobility. It also regulates the production of cytokines, the messengers that activate the immune response. Concretely ? Eat kiwi, orange, bananas, citrus fruits, cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, etc.), red pepper, garlic and/or parsley daily.
Vitamin D: it is responsible for triggering the body's antimicrobial and antiviral responses, by activating T lymphocytes, killer cells that help fight invaders quickly and effectively before they turn into an infection. Concretely ? Expose yourself to the sun as much as possible and eat fatty fish (salmon, sardines, anchovies, mackerel, herring) several times a week.
- Zinc: it activates the enzymes responsible for destroying viruses and bacteria and preventing their spread. In addition, it also increases the activation of the cells responsible for fighting infection (antibodies and white blood cells). Concretely ? Regularly consume quality foods of animal origin (white and red meats, fish, shellfish and seafood, eggs) or find it in sesame seeds. The zinc contained in plants is very poorly absorbed by the human body. Vegetarians and vegans regularly have deficiencies, so supplementation should be considered to ensure sufficient intake and protect your microbiota.
Boost your immunity from breakfast!
In order to naturally boost your immune defenses, Epycure is teaming up with nüMorning to offer a complete and delicious routine starting with breakfast. On the menu, Choco Boost Granola and our seasonal cure, the Natural Defenses cure , for solid immunity.
=== product ===
=== product ===
Why do we love Choco Boost granola?
A delight for lovers of dark chocolate with notes of toasted sesame , Choco Boost granola is made from whole grains and without refined sugars , all with less than 6g of sugar per serving! Thanks to its richness in fiber, iron, zinc and magnesium, Choco Boost granola strengthens your natural defenses and gives a boost to the body and mind in the morning. A delicious recipe to eat without moderation!
How to enjoy your granola?
- With your favorite milk
- As a topping on yogurt with fresh fruit
- Directly in the package, we won't judge you ;)
Take care of your microbiota
Concretely ? Eat foods rich in:
- Natural probiotics , which will repopulate your intestines with beneficial bacteria and take care of your intestinal flora: fermented products such as kefir, miso, kombucha, sauerkraut, kimchi, or even vegetable pickles.
- Prebiotics, which serve as food for these good intestinal bacteria and which are mainly in the form of fermentable fibers: fruits and vegetables (salads), whole grains and legumes, algae and especially mushrooms (shiitakes in particular), which are also natural antivirals .