These cookies are extremely tasty: crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and a delicious blend of nutty, oatmeal and chocolate chip flavors. However, they are also very healthy, since they contain no flour or refined sugar and are rich in protein . They won't spike or drop your blood sugar like a regular cookie will.
Ingredients (for 8 cookies):
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy unsalted almond butter
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Cover the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, vanilla and almond butter with a large spoon until well combined. Stir in the almond flour, salt, coconut sugar and baking soda, and mix until smooth. Add the nuts, oats and chocolate chips, working the dough a little so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Divide the dough into 8 small round balls and place them on the baking tray. Let them bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Although the texture of these cookies is best the first day, they will keep uncovered at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. Enjoy :)